Microsoft Excel is the most sophisticated calculator in the world. This application gives you opportunity to count thousands of data with various calc commands. Only one worksheet, you can do various calculations in just a minute. In short, Microsoft Excel makes it easy for you to manage data at will, but still valid.
But It won’t happen if you don’t know the formula in Excel. In Excel, the validity of formulas is most important thing. Without it, you can only use Excel as a table and graphics maker. Though its function is further than that. So in order to maximize Excel functions, you need to memorize a lot of formulas. The sort and filter techniques well. Also know the format when you input the data.
Hassles? Ok, you don’t have to do manual method. Below we show you how to create automatic formulas in Excel.
Excel is a spreadsheet application created a package in Microsoft Office. The basic purpose for perform arithmetic operations. The Data can be visualized in various forms likely pivot table, graphics, and histogram. Excel has standard arithmetic formulas called “functions”. The types most often used include the following:
- Aggregate; the most common formula which includes the number-less-times-and-class function. The sample code formula is SUM and COUNT.
- Financial; formula for managing financial data that requires complex functions (annuity, present-future value, etc.). For example PMT, PV, and FV.
- Logical; formula to provide a logical assessment or output of a function. For example the formula IF and COUNTA.
- Text; a formula used to manipulate output based on data characteristics. For example LEN and UPPER.
- Statistical; formula for statistical calculations, related to mean, mode, and interval. For example AVERAGE, MAX, and MIN.
- Scientific; formulas include mathematical commands, trigonometrics, and logarithms. Usually used by technicians. Examples of the formula are SIN, COS, and TAN.
If used manually, the functions will be very confusing. Because the total number is tons of number, with different functions. To make it simple, just apply the following way to create automatic formulas in Excel.
Enable Excel Auto Calculation Settings
To change the calculation settings from manual to automatic, complete the following steps. So you don’t forget, you can practice it directly.
1. Open the Excel application that you have;
2. Click the Formula tab at the top of the page;
3. Click Calculation Options -> Automatic;
Just Simple right? Each calculation function entered automatically adapts to changes in your data. But before that, you need to make sure of the following:
- The formula entered is correct. For example, to get the sum of the outputs, you must enter the function = SUM (……..). But you did not mention the formula in full.
- The inputted data is arranged in a parallel pattern / according to the formula. You cannot combine data calculations whose patterns are not the same as previous data.
- Each data set that is processed with one formula has the same type. You cannot combine calculation data with the format “text” and “number” in one formula.
Utilizing the “Fill Handle” Feature
The fill handle is an Excel feature that makes it easy for you to count multiple data at once.
For example, you want to add data in columns A1 – A200. With the fill handle, you don’t need to click 200 of these data one by one and put them in the SUM function. Just do how to create automatic formulas in Excel as follows.
- Enter the function in the blank field. Example: =SUM (.
- Click the top data to be processed. Following the example, A1.
- Drag the lower right corner of the data, drag until the last data to be processed. For example A200.
- In the column containing the function =SUM (an additional formula will appear. The sound of the formula will be =SUM (A1: A200. Add a “)” at the end.
- Click Enter
Write Number Sequences Automatically
In Excel, you don’t need to create sequence numbers manually. In fact, you can make any number of numbers up in the following way.
- In a column, write a number. It doesn’t have to be number 1.
- Under the column, write a number after that.
- Click two columns together
- Drag the lower right corner of the data, until the columns are in the desired number order.
Creating Automatic Charts
Tired of seeing a table-shaped database? Just change it to graph. The way is easy as follows:
- Drag the data to be displayed (data must have the same characteristics).
- Click Insert -> Charts -> select the desired chart shape.
I hope this article is useful and please if you have any questions just leave it in the comments column below. 🙂